7 Quotes About Masculinity From Brad Pitt
Ever wondered how one of Hollywood’s leading actors and producers feels about his masculinity? Or your masculinity? Or masculinity in general? We’ve scoured the web for some of Brad Pitt’s most illuminating quotes about what it means to be a man. Check it out and see if you agree with Pitt’s take on the modern male.
1. ‘I’d never really understood what my father had said about the power of responsibility – and family – until I looked his prize racing stallion in the eye. And then pulled the trigger.’ – GQ, August, 1999.
2. ‘Ed Norton had this thing he and I used to do while filming ‘Fight Club,’ where he’d pretend to be asleep and I’d pretend to be asleep, and we’d ‘wake up’ in each other’s arms…it was just beautiful. That’s gone now, but I’d like to think we could get back to that place.’ – Esquire, 2005.
3. ‘I phoned my grandparents and my grandfather said ‘We saw your movie.’ ‘Which one?’ I said. He shouted ‘Betty, what was the name of that movie I didn’t like?’ And I just ended our relationship right there. When you’re the alpha, you don’t tolerate anyone questioning your decisions. Not even blood.’ – Entertainment Weekly, 2006.
4. ‘Head’s head.’ – Vanity Fair, 2003.
5. ‘When it’s inside of you, it can be a bit uncomfortable. But you’ve got to endure. You’ve got to persevere, and see it through. And you’ve got to have a safe word, and make sure that your father hasn’t tied the gag too tight.’ – Rolling Stone, 2010.
6. ‘For many years I used to dream about pistol whipping Jon Voight in the eye with my gun. I knew it wasn’t healthy, but I couldn’t help it. And then one night after finding a homeless man digging through my trunk, I hit him in the eye over and over. And the dreams stopped. I thank that hobo every night. He saved my relationship with my father-in-law.’ – OK!, 2004.
7. ‘Sure, it’s not fair if one hand is tied behind his back, but then again, it’s even less fair if I’ve got a gun, isn’t it?’ – Cabelas, 1998.